Thursday 17 November 2011

An Interview With My Diva Sister-in-law Kerry Archer

 
Hi Kerry thank you for having this interview with me. First, I must say that God blessed me with great in-laws, you being one of them.  Now, your husband and I have something very special in common and I know that you will never forget my birthday….(chuckle).

Kerry you have been blessed with a great husband and I wanted to share a part of your story with my SRW friends.

So, how did you meet my birthday twin?(smile)

Kerry: "Rayton and I met through Track and Field.”

Who first spoke to whom?

Kerry: “He said hi a few times but I made the crucial move to set everything in motion, I didn't know it at the time.”

How did you know that he was the One?

Kerry: "Honestly every guy that I spoke to gave me a hard time to visit church.  He was the only one that said "sure what time should I be there and actually came," I thought maybe there is hope for him yet!"

(SRW: Rayton currently serves in the security department at the church they both attend).

Was there ever a time that you felt like ending your courtship?

Kerry: "He was away for school in the U.S. and we both were having a hard time being away from each other.  I prayed if it's meant to be we will be together. We decided to make it work no matter what because Love is a powerful thing!  Now we have been together 20 years, married 12 1/2 years and we have 4 beautiful children."

What color is your toothbrush? and his?

Kerry: "Mine is a light blue and his is a dark blue."

What was the last movie you went out to see together?

Kerry: "Transformers 3"

(SRW: wonder who's pick it was, I forgot to ask)

Was marriage all that it was cracked up to be?

Kerry: "Marriage is whatever you put into it.  It's not easy, after all the excitement of the wedding and the honeymoon is over the real commitment sets in.  Marriage takes Time and Effort from both parties to make it work. It takes Patience for those days your spouse gets on your nerves.  It takes Understanding and Communication to realize how different you both are and how to make life better for each other. It takes Forgiveness, this is a big one! Know that we all have our faults, we make the wrong decisions or even say the wrong things, but always try to see if there is a way to get through it.  Then there is Love, love conquers all they say, that's debatable! But when you truly love someone for better or worse mean it!  For example; Lack of finances may strain any relationship but with love, God helps you find a way.  Make sure there is action behind it because it will not fix itself."   

Any advice for singles?

Kerry: "Don't be afraid to make the first move, sometimes the other person your interested in maybe thinking should I? I don't know, what if I get rejected? Well, what if they are the one for you? You will never know until you try!  I don't believe rejection is a bad thing in life, it just sets you up for the best thing of your life."

Hope this helps!
Love Kerry 

5 comments:

  1. I have to find out...stay tuned:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask and it shall be given..lol

    My sister-in-law sent me her reply to the question "what was the crucial move that set everything in motion?"

    Kerry: Well there was a football game a friend and I wanted to go to that involved his school. My friends boyfriend at the time went to his school Central Tech! Everyone knows Central they were the IT school in Track and Football. This was the Championship game at the SkyDome now known as the Rogers Centre. As fate would have it my friend was unable to go because she had to work, I still wanted to go. I didn't have tickets so I asked a friend of mine if he knew Rayton? He said"everyone knows Rayton!" Like he was all that :) Actually he was. He was cute, funny and very talented in Track, but too many groupies and was not going to be one of them. He had the most beautiful lips.....ummm, ok back to my story. I asked my friend if he could give my number to Rayton so I can get tickets from him for the game. My friend said, "Sure no problem." There is more to the story but to make this story short and sweet it was years later Archer and I, that's what I call him, were talking about how we got together and I realized my friend that gave Rayton the number actually went to Central and was going to the game. Why didn't I just ask him to get me the tickets and why didn't he say to me "Kerry I can get them for you?" Because that wasn't Gods plan! God knows when things are meant to be he removes all distractions in our way so the focus is just on his plan not ours.

    Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! So the moral of the story is...try to get a favor done by the guy you are interested in :)

    ReplyDelete