Wednesday 5 October 2011

Never been kissed, never had a date, growing weary of waiting?


"That was me say's Candice Watters, author and co-founder of Boundless. I'd never had a boyfriend until I met Steve [my husband]. I had no passion in my life. The longer I waited, the more terrified I was that it would never happen.

Take a deep breath. Your purity is beautiful. It's a gift. I look back now and I think that God protected me from so much by just not letting me have a date. Even though it was so painful at the time to not have a date when everybody else did, I'm so thankful that I didn't come into my marriage with any relational baggage.

Start to pray boldly, passionately and intensely for the men who you know in your church or work. Pray that they will start to have God's perspective and vision for marriage for their own lives. Even if one of them doesn't end up being your spouse, you're praying in a way that will bless all of your sisters in Christ. And then pray that God would bring a husband into your life. You can pray boldly, because you're really asking God to give you what He wants you to have."

This was a portion of her interview with CBN.com to read the rest in it's entirety go to
http://www.cbn.com/family/datingsingles/jej_candicewatters0108.aspx

Hope you were blessed by this share SRW Friends.
In addition, never be ashamed or embarrased because you haven't been on a date or experienced sex. While TV shows, movies etc. all promote sex before marriage, making virgins seem like they are behind in the times, no sir, no ma'am this is exactly what God wants for all of his unmarried single men and woman; to abstain from sex until marriage. Listen, you are very special and don't believe otherwise. Lift up your head, dust yourself off and walk in confidence knowing that you are a rare gem, on reserve for a special man or woman.

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galations 6:9

1 comment:

  1. been praying for so many years for a godly spouse, so very long to be loved and give love. now I am getting old ,being single for so long It has crushed my spirit.
    when will I ever be delivered the same goes with my Financial situation.

    ReplyDelete