Saturday 7 April 2012

My Interview with Orville Segree - What Is My Purpose?

This is one of the most powerful questions most of us ask ourselves at some point in life. What is it that I should do with my life? What is my purpose in life, my passion?

Well, for song artist/writer Orville Segree his day job was not it.


Bro. Orville thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to allow this interview.
Before we find out about your new single (pun intended) as in music single, let's find out a little bit more about you..


SRW: First things first, how long have you been married? Any Children?


Orville: Been married 25 years with 3 children.
SRW: What keeps a marriage like yours going as long as it has?

Orville: Marriage has been kept by the grace and mercy of God and knowing that i am not a quitter i must endeavour to be a role model for children .

SRW: What do you currently do for a living? Is this your passion/purpose in life?

Orville: For a living i am a medical professional with patient care and that is not my passion and purpose in life.

SRW: As you know the purpose for this interview is to talk about purpose...so now that we know your job isn't it, what is?

Orville: My purpose is to fulfill the mandate thru music which God
bless me with for the saving of souls to worship.

SRW: As a single were you aware of what your calling/passion/purpose was?

Orville: As a single person and even before I accepted Jesus I was already in the public eye singing. So I kept watering the gift of singing and now God is using me in this area to minister.

SRW: Did people take you seriously?

Orville: I was taken seriously because of the passion i exhibit
when I open my mouth to minister.


SRW: What differentiates a hobby form a purpose/passion?

Orville: Difference is you can have many hobbies that can be changed frequently, but purpose and passion is on a higher calling because it's from the heart of God and it drives you to succeed and stay in relationship with Him.




SRW: I had the opportunity of hearing some of your music the other day and I must say, your songs are beautifully written and song. What have you been up to since then?

Orville: Since the last time i've been praying, fasting, seeking and asking the Lord
for guidance in the right direction pertaining to the ministry that i know and
believe he's sending me in.



SRW: What advice can you give to those that know what their passionate/purpose/calling is but for some reason are holding back from starting?


Orville: Some individuals who knows what there passion, purpose and calling is may hold back because they feel overwhelmed,  fearful or doubtful. My advice is get  the right people to cover you with prayer, step out by faith and God will have your back.

SRW: Amen. I hear that. Well, thank you so much Orville for sharing I know you have lot's to do at your church this Easter Weekend so I won't keep you any longer. May God continue to use you in a mighty way. All the best to you, your family and your musical career.

If you would like to hear Orvilles latest track go here:
http://www.amazon.com/We-Worship-Jesus/dp/B007NX8CK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333476130&sr=8-1

2 comments:

  1. I prefer to remain unknown but I must say that Min Segree is an annointed power house worshipper; before I even knew who this man was I had visitsd his church for the first time and believe me when I tell you, when he took the Mike to commence praise and worship that Sunday morning; the presence of God was soo full in the atmosphere that I truly did'nt need to stay for the word, as Minister Segree ushered us into the holy place, my thirsty soul was ultimately watered and renewed. I have a copy of his single and I love it, the man can saaang and he worships Jesus, what more could you ask for. Can 't wait for the album!!! Go ahead support this Annointed heavenly worshipper who has an amazing passion for the Lord and the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I too look forward to hearing his album!!

    ReplyDelete