Tuesday 9 October 2012

Try This Quiz - How Emotionally Available Are You?

Circle "T" or "F" to describe how you respond to the following situations. The more "True" answers you circle, the likelier you may have difficulty with emotional availability.
T F 1. I seldom cry.
T F 2. If I feel like crying, I try everything I can to stop myself.
T F 3. I seldom saw my family express emotions when I was growing up.
T F 4. Emotions are embarrassing.
T F 5. There are many things from my childhood I don't like talking about.
T F 6. I think people who express their emotions are weak or silly.
T F 7. People who get emotional at work risk ruining things for all of us.
T F 8. People do much better when they use logic, not emotions. Emotions are a waste of time.
T F 9. If my friends want to talk about their relationships, I change the subject.
T F 10. When I hear people talk about how they feel, I'm not sure what they mean.

(This quiz is adapted from Emotional Unavailability by Bryn C. Collins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment